Music for Your Pleasure

School e-learning day 3 assignment

The Son is in Secondary School by Affran Sa'at

My badge has a Latin motto
Hope for the future
The future is hope
Or something

At times black crows try to interrupt
When we sing the National Anthem

It is difficult to maintain
The whiteness of my shoes
Especially on Wednesdays

I must admit there is something quite special
About the bare thighs of hardworking scouts

The Malay chauffeurs
Who wait for my schoolmates
Sit on the car park kerb
Telling jokes to one another

Seven to the power of five is unreasonable

On Chinese New Year
Mrs Lee dressed up
In a sarong kebaya
And sang Bengawan Solo

The capital of Singapore is Singapore

My best friend did a heroic thing once
Shaded all A's
For his Chinese Language
Multiple-choice paper

In our annual yearbook
There is a photograph of me

Pushing a wheelchair and smiling
They caught me
At the exact moment

When my eyes were actually closed




I find that the reader is thinking about his/her old school life wrote this poem in a rather passive tone. The is no signs of any happy nor negative feelings in his poem. Well, I cannot say much about the poet's feelings because there is insuficiant information in the poem.
Reading of old school times, makes me quite happy when I think about all the fun we had. But despite all, I stiil feel sad because allowed my years as a primary school student pass by so quickly.


A little poem made by ME:

Sing the patriotic nation song,
Standing under the scorching sun;
As crows flying high above preying on us;
To bring food home for their sons.

We lay on the grassy field,
While hungry ant scurry on to us;
We stand up quickly and fled,
As ants bite into our flesh.

In the canteen filled with vender,
We fight our way through hundreds of fellow hunters;
We shove and pushed eliminating the competitors,
As we go in search of a prey to eat.

All silence in the deadly jail,
Students sit there being prisoners of study;
When the saviour ringing of the final bell,
freed student stamped home to relax and play.

0 comments: