Music for Your Pleasure

Holiday Assignment.
Blog Prompt No 3.

I’d rather be a city rat than a country rat.Comment.(150-200 words)



I’d rather be a city rat than a country rat.I don’t agree with the above statement. I would rather be a country rat for the following reasons.

Once, I visited my cousins in the city. The place was very crowded and my city cousins lived in damp, cold and cramped lodgings. It was not so great to sleep there. Foods were plentiful but not as fresh as those from the country. We were always on the look-out for those hungry alley cats and humans who tried to kill us. Those adrenaline rushes are bad for one’s health and no wonder I had high blood pressure and palpitations there. The air was so polluted that I found it very hard to breathe. Boy, was I glad to return to the good old country side!!!


The country on the other is nothing like the city. It is so peaceful and there are vast farm land. You don’t have to be always on the lookout for gigantic feet to trample all over you. Food is fresh and tasty. The air is pure and clean. My warm and cosy home is under the root of a big tree where I can live comfortably. Give me the country any time.

(205 words)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew,

I agree with you - give me the country any time.

Wish I could live in a country side instead of a concrete jungle in the urban city.

I guess one might find a compromise in a City park if country life is out of question.

Unknown said...

Mmmm, country life. How am I to survive without the modern facilities? - The sewage system, the waste bins with foods for easy picking and the exciting night life in the City!

On the other hand, country life is so peaceful but I can't live without the air-condition!!

Help bring the modern convenience to the country - that would be my dream place to live.

Lim Chia Wei said...

I agree with your view. Living in the city is very dangerous. Although living at the countryside is quite a boring life, but it is safer.

Lim Chia Wei
Class: 1A2
http://limchiawei.blogspot.com